March 15, 2020
To all of our clients at Mass Bay Counseling–
As you may have heard, Governor Baker has made the decision to close all public and private K-12 schools in the State of Massachusetts until April 7th. Additionally, multiple unprecedented restrictions have been put into place with an emphasis on extreme social distancing.
It is with this recommendation that Mass Bay Counseling is transitioning to telehealth sessions effective this Tuesday. We know that for many clients this might be something you’ve never considered, but telehealth sessions are a vital tool in continuing to provide excellent treatment while protecting our clients, our staff, our families, and the community we serve.
As of Tuesday, March 17th, Mass Bay Counseling will ONLY offer telehealth sessions for our clients.
A few things to mention about this time-limited transition:
- On March 15th Governor Baker ordered that all commercial insurance companies lift any telehealth barriers during this pandemic. Your patient financial responsibility should remain the same. We are still working on identifying Medicare’s policies but believe they will follow suit as well.
- According to Gov. Baker’s order, both telephone and video sessions should be covered by all insurance plans.
- Your therapist will be reaching out to you to discuss scheduling. Because Mass Bay Counseling understands the ability to schedule sessions at the same time in these circumstances may not be the same as in-person, please speak with your clinician about your availability and scheduling.
- You will most likely receive an email to create an account on our patient portal through Theranest, our electronic health care system. This will allow you to make payments online and fill out any paperwork that may be required.
- If you have concerns about what an online session is like, reach out to Katey at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can schedule a short test run.
- Mass Bay Counseling respects everyone who prefers in-person sessions. We want to work with you where you are more comfortable; however, the need to be responsible stewards of health is a priority.
- All video sessions will be conducted via our electronic health care record platform. No additional software is required, and sessions can be done on most smartphones, tablets, or computers.
- Your clinician will switch the location of your session from in office to telehealth.
- Appointments will resume at the office once the spread of COVID 19 has slowed and local and federal governments lift restrictions.
As such, and as always, the priorities of Mass Bay Counseling remain the same: To optimize our clients well-being. We ask you do not automatically disqualify the idea of a telehealth session and Mass Bay Counseling will return that consideration and work with you on being reasonably flexible on the cancellation policy.
We have an amazing team here at Mass Bay Counseling and I know that we will be able to continue to provide you with the support you need in order to move through this challenging time.
Alyson Skok, Owner